Quick (Sugar Free) Fall Peanut Butter Cookies

I (Sarah) was looking for a dessert recipe I could use for a diabetic friend. This one actually is rather good (even Peter loved it) and also fits into the gluten free category as well (which is also helpful for some of my relatives). I’m pretty sure it could be used with real sugar as well, but I have not tried that yet.

Ingredients
· 1 cup chunky peanut butter
· 1 cup Splenda
· 1 egg
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· ½ tsp nutmeg
· 1 tsp vanilla

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine all ingredients
3. Using a small spoon, drop cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet
4. Press each ball of dough with a fork to flatten – 1/3 inch thick
5. Bake for 8-10 min
6. Cool on cookie sheets for 2ish min – remove to thoroughly cool on racks

Yield: 1 dozen

No comments: