Grilled Chicken Breasts with Honeydew Salsa

My (Leeann's) culinary muse, Epicurious, truly delivered with this inspired barbeque-meets-fruit combination:

Grilled Chicken Breasts with Honeydew Salsa

I will confess to cutting corners here… instead of firing up the barbeque, I cooked the chicken in a cast-iron skillet to save time. (Yes, I'm lazy, it was a work day and the notion of standing over a hot fire on a 90 degree day was less than appealing.) I did take the additional step of marinating the chicken overnight in the following, which imparted additional sweetness to the meat:

Pineapple juice (I imagine orange juice would be good, too)
1 coarsely chopped jalapeno
Salt and pepper

Served over mixed greens with Spanish rice, this dish was a hit and will certainly be reprised!

No comments: